On Saturday we celebrated my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary with family and friends. What a milestone! I’m thankful to have wonderful parents who set a good example for my brother and sister and me, and for our kids, too!
So thinking back to 1962, the year they got married (yay for Google!)…
- John F. Kennedy was the President
- The first Wal-Mart store opened
- The Rolling Stones made their debut
- Lawrence of Arabia was the top grossing film
- The Beverly Hillbillies struck black gold, Texas Tea
- Gas was $.28/gallon
Obviously a lot has changed in the half century since my mom and dad got married. Along came a son and two daughters, four grandchildren, and even a great-granddaughter on Friday (thanks Ashley for showing us all up with that gift!!). But at least one thing is the same – they are still making googly eyes at each other!